Take some time to plan what you would do during an emergency:
- Be aware of where the emergency exits and phones are located in the buildings where you attend classes or work.
- Find out where the emergency designated assembly points are located for your building.
- Find out who your Building Emergency Captain and Emergency Response Wardens are.
Here are some links to some helpful resources.
- Public Safety Canada's Get Prepared website
- Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management,
- Environment Canada weather information and alerts,
- Government of Canada’s Travel website issues advisories and monitors many countries for new and ongoing risks to Canadians.
- Public Safety Canada’s Get Prepared website has guides for making an emergency kit for your home or in residence and your car.