Who We Are
goSAFE is one of the largest student employers on campus, and gives students the opportunity to give back to the York community while also earning money for their education. goSAFE is staffed entirely by York University students, easily identifiable in their red jackets or goSAFE and YorkU branded polo shirts.
What We Do
goSAFE teams will accompany York community members to and from any on-campus location, such as the Village Shuttle pick-up hub, parking lots, bus stops or residences. Upon request, goSAFE staff will gladly wait with you until your bus or transportation arrives or your car starts, and will strive to meet you at your pick-up location within 10 minutes of your call for services.
In addition to escorting students, staff and faculty around campus, goSAFE staff also conduct weekly audits of all of the on-campus exterior lighting, on-campus automatic doors, and on-campus emergency and elevator phones, reporting any malfunctions for repair.
How to Reach Us and Our Hours
There are a number of ways to contact goSAFE:
- Call 416-736-5454, or from your office phone at extension 55454.
- By using any on-campus payphone (its a free call!).
- Use any Blue Light Emergency Phone and ask for goSAFE.
- Use any on-campus Safety Phone and push the black goSAFE button.
goSAFE hours of operation are:
- Keele: 6:00pm to 2:00am (Fall/Winter), 8:00pm to 2:00am (Summer).
- Glendon: 6:00pm to 11:00pm (Fall/Winter), no Summer service.
- goSAFE doesn't operate during the University Holiday Closure in December, but does operate on all other days of the year, including statutory holidays and other University closures.
- For services when goSAFE is not operating, please contact York Security Services at 416-650-8000, or from your office phone at extension 58000.
Become Part of the goSAFE Team
goSAFE is one of the largest on-campus employers of students. For hiring information, please visit the Employment Opportunities page of our website