Sentinel Road & Finch Avenue West area
Murray Ross Parkway and Sentinel Road
Cook Road and Sentinel Road
Toronto Police Service has issued a media release informing the public on a number of recent Sexual Assault investigations which have occurred in close proximity to each other off campus. Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance in the investigation. For further details please see the Toronto Police Service media release: http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/42869
Should you have any information about this or any incident, you are asked to contact Toronto Police Service directly at 416.808.2222 or at the numbers located below.
- York Community Safety Department is actively working with Toronto Police Service on the sexual assault cases recently reported by TPS.
- York Security Services are actively patrolling the areas in proximity to the incidents.
- We are also supporting police in the investigation, as required.
- We encourage anyone with information on these incidents to contact Toronto Police Service at 416-808-7474, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477). Alternately you can call York Security Services at 416-650-8000
- We also encourage anyone who needs support to utilize the University services. For faculty and staff in need of support, please call the Employee and Family Assistance Program toll-free 24 hours a day, seven days a week for immediate, confidential help at 1-800-268-5211; TTY Service is available at 1-800-363-6270. The Student Counselling & Development office offers personal counselling services to all York students. Visit them in Room N110, Bennett Centre for Student Services, call 416-736-5297, or visit http://counselling.students.yorku.ca/for more information.
- Support is also available through the Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education at 416-736-5211
York Security responds to all community calls at 416-736-5333. Please refer to the Community Safety Department website for more information or further updates. https://safety.yorku.ca/
Security Bulletins are issued regarding incidents that occur on York University property when:
- a serious incident has occurred and there is a risk of recurrence; and/or
- there is a pattern of recurring, but less serious incidents (such as thefts or robberies); and/or
- a Security or Police investigation will be assisted by bringing forward witnesses and information.
The University may also decide to issue a Security Bulletin for incidents that occur near or adjacent to the University, if such incidents meet the above criteria.
Incidents representing an immediate threat to the physical safety of persons at the University are communicated immediately to all, or to the affected parts of the University, following the protocols outlined in York’s Emergency Plan and related procedures. Methods of communication would include: the push notification on the Mobile Safety App, the LCD screens, and the emergency PA system.
Emergency -- 911
York Security, URGENT
416-736-5333 or ext. 33333
York Security, GENERAL
416-650-8000 or ext. 58000
York Security, TTY
416-736-5470 or ext. 55470
416-736-5454 or ext. 55454
Lost & Found
416-736-5534 ext. 55534
Good2Talk 24hr Student Crisis Line